Image Map

Breaking Out of the Breakfast Rut-Day 4

27 October 2011


Today's cereal alternative was a food my kids have eaten many times before- just not for breakfast. We call these Bean Pizzas, and they are my go-to meal when I need something quick and easy for lunch or dinner.  Now, they will definitely become a go-to quick breakfast as well!

Bean Pizzas

Whole Grain Sandwich Thins (bagels, or English muffins)
Refried Beans (I use Trader Joe's Refried Black Beans with Jalapenos)
Avacado (or, if I have it, Wholly Guacamole)
Cheese (Shredded or Sliced- I've used cheddar, muenster, or mozzarella)

1. Lightly toast the sandwich thins.
2. Spread beans, and layer avocado and cheese.
3. Warm until cheese is melted in the toaster oven (or conventional oven/ microwave)

**This is also a great combination for quesadillas. If I don't have avocado on hand, I will just use bean spread and cheese.
**If you are new to buying refried beans, be aware- Not all refried beans are created equal in terms of health...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your questions, comments, and suggestions so that we can all learn from each other!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...